Born in 1957 at Trapani (Italy), lives and works in Bergamo since 1982. Former professor of Sound Design at Academies of Fine Arts in Bergamo and Brescia, after a long career musician with numerous musical productions and a rich concert activity, he dedicated himself to the production of art and culture documentaries, industrial films and video art works received numerous international awards. His works are appreciated in Italy and abroad and selected some of the most important festivals of film and video art in Europe, USA, Asia. He participated, representing Italy, to EURONIGHT08, an international video art proposed by the Italian Institute of Culture in Toronto.
With the short film THE COLOURS OF BLACK:
– Winner at the Chicago Short Film Festival (art direction)
– Mention Speciale du Jury at the Festival du Film de Paris.
With THE MOVING TOWN:
– Selected to 61 ° Festival du Film Locarno;
– Mention Speciale du Jury at the Festival du Film de Bruxelles;
– Winner at the Philadelphia Documentary & Fiction Film Festival (for best directing);
– Winner at the Festival de Cine Internacional de Barcelona (Best Cinematography);
– Winner at the Alaska International Film Award (best music video), – Nominations (for best short film) at the International Filmmaker Festival (Kent, UK);
– Presented in the exhibition “Parallel Worlds “in the context of events taking place at the 53rd Venice Biennial Show.
With Quippe DANCE;
– Winner at the Philadelphia Documentary & Fiction Film Festival (for best editing);
– Jury Special Mention of the Punta del Este International Film Festival (Uruguay) ;
Screened in the event The Best Short Film in the 6 World at Mar de La Plata International Film Festival.
The documentary BETWEEN HEAVEN AND EARTH – Mario Botta, Church in Seriate was part of the exhibition of the exhibition Mario Botta, Architecture 1960-2010 at Mart in Rovereto and was successfully presented to GAMeC, the TRIENNALE Milan and on RAI 5 (Cooltour). He presented the film The Art of Calcografia the National Museum of Turin, the MAX Museum of Chiasso, the Academy of Fine Arts of Brera (MI), the Carrara Academy of Fine Arts (BG). The Palazzo Ducale in Genoa presented video works Hands to Jill and Chris made Handmade by the American photographer Jill Mathis and the English sculptor Chris Gilmour.
He has made numerous video works for exhibitions of artists such as Mario Benedetti, Philip Corner, Viveka Assembergs, Chris Gilmour, Jill Mathis, Paolo Ghilardi, Dietelmo Pievani, Ciaccio, Maura Cantamessa, Trento Longaretti.
His movie The Garden of Peace was presented in the Italian Pavilion in the 14th Venice Architecture Biennale.
With the movie A WHITE LIGHT:
– Winner the International Filmmaker Festival of the World 2015 (Best Editing for Foreign Language Film);
– Winner the International Film Festival for Family, Public Service Against Drug Abuse & Trafficking in Jakarta 2015 (International Award of Merit).
With the shorts BODY&SOUND:
– Winner at Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival 2016 (Best Music Video)
– Winner (Award of Exellence) at INDIEFest Film Awards 2016
– Winner at BellinghamMusic Film Fest 2016 (Best Music Video)
– Winner at Phoenix Film Festival Melbourne 2016 (Best Music Video).
– Winner (Award of Excellence) 2017 The Accolade Global Film Competition (Los Angeles USA)
– Winner at European Cinematography AWARDS (ECA) 2017
– Winner at Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival 2017 (Best Music Video)
– Winner at Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival 2017 (Best Editing)
– Winner American Filmatic Arts Awards 2017 (Best Experimental Video Art).
Since 1996 is the holder of ajpstudios (sound & vision), specializing in the production of industrial films, arts and culture documentaries, videoart works.